Influence of price and promotion on purchasing decisions at Cafe Obrol Coffee in Haji Nawi South Jakarta


  • Putri Jasmine Universitas Pamulang, Indonesia
  • Novia Susanti Universitas Pamulang, Indonesia



Prices, Promotions, Purchase Decisions


The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of price and promotion on purchasing decisions at Cafe Obrol Kopi in Haji Nawi, South Jakarta. This type of research is quantitative. The sampling technique used the slovin formula and obtained a sample of 98 respondents. Analysis of this data using validity test, reliability test, classic assumption test, regression analysis, correlation coefficient, coefficient of determination and hypothesis testing. The results of this study indicate that price has a significant effect on purchasing decisions with a coefficient of determination of 45.1% and the hypothesis test is obtained tcount > ttable or (7.323 > 1.985). Promotion has a significant effect on purchasing decisions with a coefficient of determination of 45.1% and hypothesis testing obtained tcount > ttable or (7.323 > 1.985). Price and promotion simultaneously have a significant effect on purchasing decisions with the regression equation Y = 10.800 + 0.333X1 + 0.430X2. The coefficient of determination is 45.1% while the remaining 54.9% is influenced by other variable factors and hypothesis testing is obtained by calculating Fcount > Ftable or (38.960 > 3.09).


Alita, D., Putra, A. D., & Darwis, D. (2021). Analysis of classic assumption test and multiple linear regression coefficient test for employee structural office recommendation. IJCCS (Indonesian Journal of Computing and Cybernetics Systems), 15(3), 295–306.

Arifin, B. (2013). On the competitiveness and sustainability of the Indonesian agricultural export commodities. On the Competitiveness and Sustainability of the Indonesian Agricultural Export Commodities, 81–100.

Badrianto, Y., & Ekhsan, M. (2019). The effect of work environment and motivation on employee performance of pt. Hasta multi sejahtera cikarang. Journal of Research in Business, Economics, and Education, 1(1).

Bose, D. C. (2012). Principles of management and administration. PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd.

Flynn, M., Dooley, L., O’SULLIVAN, D., & Cormican, K. (2003). Idea management for organisational innovation. International Journal of Innovation Management, 7(04), 417–442.

Fox, J. (2019). Regression diagnostics: An introduction. Sage publications.

Gupta, V., Ivanov, D., & Choi, T.-M. (2021). Competitive pricing of substitute products under supply disruption. Omega, 101, 102279.

Havinal, V. (2009). Management and entrepreneurship. New Age International.

Herawati, A. F., Yusuf, M., Cakranegara, P. A., Sampe, F., & Haryono, A. (2022). Social Media Marketing In The Promotion Of Incubator Business Programs. Jurnal Darma Agung, 30(2), 623–633.

Jasmani, J., & Sunarsi, D. (2020). The influence of product mix, promotion mix and brand image on consumer purchasing decisions of sari roti products in South Tangerang. PINISI Discretion Review, 3(2), 165–174.

Mishra, P., Pandey, C. M., Singh, U., Gupta, A., Sahu, C., & Keshri, A. (2019). Descriptive statistics and normality tests for statistical data. Annals of Cardiac Anaesthesia, 22(1), 67.

Nguyen, T. H. N. (2016). The Competitiveness of Vietnamese Coffe into the EU Market.

Rachmawati, D., Shukri, S., Azam, S., & Khatibi, A. (2019). Factors influencing customers’ purchase decision of residential property in Selangor, Malaysia. Management Science Letters, 9(9), 1341–1348.

Reichman, D. R. (2018). Big coffee in Brazil: Historical origins and implications for anthropological political economy. The Journal of Latin American and Caribbean Anthropology, 23(2), 241–261.

Rosiana, N., Nurmalina, R., Winandi, R., & Rifin, A. (2017). The Level of Comparative Advantages of World Main Coffee Producers. Buletin Ilmiah Litbang Perdagangan, 11(2), 227–246.

Sugiyono, P. D. (2018). Quantitative, qualitative, and R&D research methods. Bandung:(ALFABETA, Ed.).

Sun, Y., & Wang, S. (2020). Understanding consumers’ intentions to purchase green products in the social media marketing context. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 32(4), 860–878.

Utama, A. P., Sumarwan, U., Suroso, A. I., & Najib, M. (2021). Roles of Regulation and Lifestyle on Indonesian Coffee Consumption Behavior Across Generations. International Journal of Sustainable Development & Planning, 16(6).

Winarno, S. T., & Harisudin, M. (2018). Competitiveness analysis of robusta coffee in East Java, Indonesia. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 17(6), 1–9.




How to Cite

Jasmine, P., & Susanti, N. (2023). Influence of price and promotion on purchasing decisions at Cafe Obrol Coffee in Haji Nawi South Jakarta. Digital Business: Tren Bisnis Masa Depan, 14(2), 58–66.